Analuiza Torres da Silva – with more than 100 Performances in Brazil, Italy and India, she is now Touring Canada
Enjoy: 2 Beautiful Photos & Did you know (details section below)
Did you know?
- Analuiza needs 2 hours before the program to get ready (make up, costume, ornaments…).
- Analuiza, a dance exponent and a follower of the Arts, is actually a Student of Engineering. She is in the final semester of her Engineering Course in Agriculture. She says that as an artist, she loves to study about plants and soil and to be close to Mother Earth.
- Humility plays an important role in the education of an artist, and traditionally for the Classical Indian Dance, the teacher is considered a guru by his/her students. There is no place for Vanity!
- The speakers that play the Classical Indian Music for Kuchipudi Dance should have a very loud sound, otherwise the beat of feet movements and bells might be louder than the music!
- Analuiza will be performing 5 Pieces or Dances:
- Mahamantra – Great Mantra
‘Maha’ means ‘Great’. ‘Mantra’ is a prayer in Sanskrit which when pronounced with knowledge and devotion, has the power to awaken the Deities – which are basically the divine aspects – residing in our chakras and their respective qualities.
- Pushpanjali –
The name “Pushpanjali” stands for saluting and offering flowers to God, Guru and the audience. In Sanskrit, pushpam means “flower” and anjali means “offering with folded hands”.
- Vinayaka Kautam – dedicated to Lord Ganesha (residing in Mooladhara Chakra)
- Poorva Rangam – Brahmanjali or Poorvarangam This is the first traditional dance item of Kuchipudi known as the Pooja Dance. It begins with the worshiping of Lord Shiva (the Spirit within us that is reflecting God Almighty)
- Ashtakam – Mahalakshmi Namostute
This item is of eight stanzas prasing the Godesses of Wealth, Shri Mahalakshmi , who has lotus like eyes, is a destroyer of the poverty, an aspect of Adi Shakti, praised in mantras and Vedas, giver of Peace. She has a beautiful appearance .. come and see.
- During the short recess time in between the performances, there will be Sahaj Meditation Chakra workshops as well inter-active and quite entertaining Q & A sessions with Analuiza (she has lots to share!)
- Analuiza had performed a Marathon in North America with performances this week of more than 45 min each: on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (in USA already and probably 2/day there).
- Come and say “Hello” &”Farewell” to Analuiza this Wednesday Class as it’s her last day in Canada.
- Feedback from Analuiza’s performance in Brampton this Monday:
“Amazing. Lovely. Breathtaking. ” (says Aditya from Brampton)
Performing in Ontario for the first time in:
Burlington on Wednesday, July 29 (tonight)
Brant Hills Community Centre
2255 Brant Str (between Dundas & Upper Middle)
Burlington, ON, L7R 3Z6
Nelson Room – left wing of the building
Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Brampton, on Monday, July 27 (done)
Bramalea Civic Centre
150 Central Park Drive
Brampton, ON, L6T 2T9
Library Meeting Room – Lower level
Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Contact: 1-800 # (1-866-850-YOGA)