1812 – 2012: From War to Inner & Global Peace via R/Evolution
A free event sponsored and organized by Sahaja Yoga Meditation – a not for profit organization and partner of UNESCO Centre for Peace – in response to the invite received from The Burlington Heritage Committee to actively participate into the series of public events organized across Burlington during February – the Heritage Month in 2013.
The free Public Program that our group is organizing will be filled with a rich agenda, that includes the following:
- A Conducted collective/global meditation with the attention on the peace within and reaching out for the peace in the world, peace with Mother Earth, peace with each other.
- Chakra workshops will be available as well, so all participants will understand where the seeds of Courage, self respect, Independence and Patriotism are placed within the subtle system of chakras; and more revelations about the role of Canada on the global map, connected to Yoga knowledge
- Testimonial Video (made in Halton) – on Peaceful R/Evolution in Ontario, Canada
- Music & Mantra Workshop will be incorporated
We dedicate this event to the commemoration of the War of 1812 when all Canadian borders had been successfuly protected against the American invasion; however our modern touch is aiming to offer the following Self Realization to everyone: that there is a simple spontaneous built -in (= sahaj) solution that resolves interior conflicts while building the connection-bridge to a global peaceful awareness. Come and Bring a friend. It is Open to All.
When: on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 @ 7pm
Location: Brant Hills Community Centre, Mountainside Room
Address: 2255 Brant Str, Burlington, Ontario (between Dundas and Upper Middle)
How it started: Sahaja Yoga Meditation was invited earlier in January to participate with a February public event to ’Heritage Month’ initiative that was initiated and coordinated by the Burlington Heritage Committee that had the following main goals:
- to create awareness of the rich history, heritage and culture that makes up this community
- to promote and market February as heritage month in the City Burlington and region We are very honoured and grateful for this opportunity.