JOSEPH BRANT DAY: FESTIVAL 2011!
This Monday August 1st—Civic Holiday Weekend!
When: 10:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Where: La Salle Park, Burlington
Address: 50 North Shore Blvd.
Burlington, ON, L7R 3Z6
“Joseph Brant Day is a full day heritage festival presented by Joseph Brant Museum that celebrates history and one of Burlington’s original settlers and national figures: Joseph Brant Thayendanegea. The festival celebrates the Civic Holiday in Burlington with a dynamic line-up of entertainment and activities.
For 2011, there will again be live musical entertainment and special performances, a mesmerizing bubble show by Bubbleology, a historic Town Crier competition, Mountsberg Birds of Prey show, a visit from the Hamilton Hoppers rope skippers. There will be free arrowhead painting with Art Glazed Over and we will have native drum performances with a hoop dancing. We will also be hosting Dave Hind, mural artist that will be providing the opportunity for the public to contribute to his aluminum mural artwork on the day of the event. Visitors can participate in soccer demos with Soccer World and the Boys and Girls Club of Hamilton live interactive area! There will be crafts and activities for the whole family all day! ” (from the event’s press release)
Live Entertainment & Performances:
- Opening Ceremonies 10:00-11:00 PM
- City of Burlington Town Crier! 11:00 PM
- Hamilton Hoppers Rope Skippers! 12:00 PM
- Sophisticated Swing Orchestra! 12:30-1:30 PM
- Mountsberg Birds of Prey! 1:30PM
- Blue Stone Native Drum Performances with Hoop Dancing! 2:15 PM
- Bubbleology Show! 2:45 PM
- Musical Performance by rising talent Isaac Boldt! 3:30 PM
- Lost Dancers of the Six Nations! 4:15 PM
- JuggleMagic! Various Times
Special Appearances, Programs & Presentations:
*Dave Hind, mural artist! Join David and help create his mural!” (from the press release on this community event”) See you there!! 🙂 , meanwhile check how was in the previous year: