The Burlington Mayor’s Office issued this Proclamation for March 21st, 2023
March 21st, 2023 as “Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi Day – 100 Year Celebration with The Festival of New Beginnings“
For the last 18 years, the Halton Sahaja Yoga Meditation Network team has had the joy of touching individuals and families across the Halton region by offering thousands of self-realization and meditation workshops in the community. Our volunteers come from all walks of life …
This year is very special for us as it celebrates the 100 Year Birth Anniversary of Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, the Founder of Sahaja Yoga meditation. On this occasion, the city of Burlington issued a proclamation. Further below, there are some selections from it, as we wait for the physical copy of the proclamation to be provided next week, when there is another special date connected to Shri Mataji: Feb 23, 2023.
Thankful note: we are truly grateful for the continuous support of the City of Burlington and its Community for our team of volunteers who brought Sahaja Yoga Meditation to Burlington almost two decades ago.
Image of the hard-copy Proclamation received by Ioana Popa (representing Halton Sahaja Yoga Meditation Network) from the Office of the Mayor is here:
We will have to write a separate article about the many beautiful “coincidences” that happened around this event that is in the making. Until then, it’s worth mentioning a beautiful similar (and local) milestone, among too many to count initiatives we marked as community events in the past:
- (photos) “Ten as One” a Halton Sahaja Yoga Meditation Celebratory Event @ TV NEWS Channel 700 with Mayor Goldring of Burlington making the honors of opening it and thanking to Halton Sahaja Yoga Meditation team of volunteers.
- (videos) (16 min NOT-TO-BE-MISSED VIDEO) 10th Anniversary Sahaja Yoga Meditation with MAYOR’s Speech and FUN at Burlington Art Centre: Music, Dance and Testimonials (July 11, 2015)
Reminder: The physical copy of the Burlington Proclamation was prepared to be handed by the City of Burlington to our team during the week of February 23rd, which is special too as it falls on the same time as the Mahasamadhi Day of Shri Mataji. Check out how we have honored Shri Mataji on Her Mahasamadhi in the past:
(click!) Love, Joy, Greatness: Watch Sharing Pure Love with Shri Mataji – Mahasamadhi Tribute at Oakville Class (FEEDBACK)
We the volunteers of Halton Sahaja Yoga Meditation Network will soon invite you all to a day of celebration for the Festival of New Beginnings, which was proclaimed to be Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi Day in Burlington by the Mayor of the City. More news to come about this great day shortly.
In the meantime…
Enjoy glimpses of some of our celebrations and recognitions in the City of Burlington over the years…
1) 10 Years Anniversary Celebration @ Art Gallery of Burlington with Mayor Goldring
2) Burlington Member of Parliament (MP) Karina Gould & Marianne Ward (Ward Councilor from City of Burlington, now The Mayor of Burlington) Recognizing Shulin Zhang, a Halton Sahaja Yoga Volunteer and Global Youth Leader 2016, on Behalf of Government of Canada
3) ‘We Are One‘ – 8 Years Anniversary Celebration of Sahaja Yoga Meditation in Burlington
4) Mayor Goldring of Burlington welcomes 40 International Youth Sahaja Yogis from Realize Canada Tour
5) Inspire Your Heart with Art Day – Canada Culture Days in Burlington with an appreciation letter for Halton Sahaja Yoga Meditation Volunteers
Check our “Testimonials” Youtube Playlist (73 videos with genuine and spontaneous feedback)
We will be posting the Proclamation from the City of Burlington – in Halton region of Canada –
on February 23rd, 2023.
Stay tuned as we will be sending a series of invitations to special events in Halton region. Please, contact us.