CELEBRATE 10 Years of Volunteering
When: Sunday, April 24, 3pm-5pm
Address: 2302 Bridge Road, oakville, ON (edit map)
Phyllis McKenna: Anishnawbe Self-Help Author & Traditional Jingle Dress Dancer
Our Special Guest Phyllis McKenna, representing the Ojibway Eagle Clan will be introducing us to the sacredness of the Jingle Dress Dance, accompanied by her son Daniel who is 12. Phyllis McKenna, recently elected as the vice-president equity at Ryerson university in Toronto, is an Indigenous rights activist and Ojibwe First Nations’ student who plans to implement recommendations for universities made by the United Nations’ Truth and Reconciliation Report on Indigenous Peoples. Reconciliation calls for personal action. “The calls to action in the report are for all Canadians (TRC, 2015 p. 316). This means that its everyone’s shared responsibility to become familiar with, understand, and personally work to address these calls to action”.
“It has been my passion to encourage others to speak up and have a voice in my Indigenous community. Now, I want to share this passion with CESAR,” she said. Aside from her Indigenous advocacy, she’s also had being worked with RAIN to Heal Me — our initiative to raise awareness on climate change, self-realization, inner-peace and oneness.
Ahilan from Oakville “Drum’s HeartBeat” (sample)
Shulin: Oakville’s Youth PeaceMaker Leader (click)
We will enjoy…
– Mother Earth Meditation
– Connections to Elephant Awareness Day in April
– Aboriginal Strong Woman Song & Jingle Dance
– The Drum’s Heart Beats – Tabla Recital
– Inner Energy Balancing – Chakra Workshop
– Meet Oakville’s Teen Peacemaker and Yogi Volunteers
– Rain with Joy and Peace (Surprises)
– Projected Introspection – featuring the Eiffel Tower
- And many more other connections and teachings will be shared
- Let us know you’re coming via FB or meetup or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you missed our previous programs, you can check them out here:
We hope to see everyone on the 24th!
Sincerely, your Halton, Barrie and Niagara Sahaja Yoga Meditation Volunteer Family